ISOMRAZ is one-component liquid waterproofing membrane based on polymer-rubber water dispersion and special additives. Incombustible and ecological. The product does not contain any organic solvents, it is not fire hazardous and is safe for the health and environment. UV-resistant with life-expectancy of 10 years.
ISOMRAZ conforms EN 1504-02:2005 and has CE marking. Manufacturing is under quality control system ISO 9001:2008.
- One-component, ready to use product.
- Wear-resistant and anti-slippery – perfect for pedestrian areas
- Minimal curing temperature of 0°C widens the time frame for waterproofing
- The coating is seamless, flexible and elastic
- Very high adhesion to all kind of substrates
- Keeps its flexibility even at -25°C. Does not melt up to 160°C.
- Waterproofing and flooring for terraces.
- Waterproofing under tiles for terraces, bathrooms, pools, steam-baths, etc.
- Waterproofing at low temperatures.
- Waterproofing of basements.
- Protection of concrete structures.
Based on the experience with our thermos-reflective paint “IsomaxTERM” we developed “ISOMRAZ” even further by adding to it the special micro-spheres that reflect 90% of the sun rays. This way, when the coating of “ISOMRAZ” is final, it has thermoinsulating effect, because the surface does not absorb and conduct heat.
- Density: 1.60 ± 0.05 kg/l
- Dry matter > 75%
- Crack bridge properties: C2B /EN 15812/
- Dimensional stability at high temperature: higher 110°C (160°C)
- Flexibility at low temperatures: lower than -10°C
- Drying time: less than 6 hours at 23°C
- Tear resistance > 1.0 ( 1.3 MPa)
- Adhesion strength, N/mm² > 1.0 (1.3) with concrete at 23°C
- Elasticity > 30%
- Coefficient of water tightness – 0,025 kg/m².h 0,5 W < 0,1
- Thermal conductivity – λ = 0.09 W/m.K
- Download EU declaration of performance
Preparation of the substrate:
ISOMRAZ can be applied on concrete, ceramic and gres tiles, putty, mortar, gypsum board, bituminous waterproofing, metal (primed). Surfaces should be solid, dry (moisture < 3%), well cleaned, non-greasy, without dust and residues of other materials. Compensating tape ISOMAX must be mounted over construction and moving joints. Self-adhesive butyl tape must be applied in corners between floor and walls, columns, etc. When an old waterproofing needs repairing, it should be preliminary treated, by removing loose and damaged parts, and applying “patches” of ISOMRAZ and reinforcing material.
Application of compensating tape
The tape is placed with the rubber side towards the joint and ISOMRAZ is applied over the entire backside. The purpose is the rubber-side to remain dry and unstuck in order to work with the joint. Wait for the full drying of the applied ISOMRAZ.
Vapour control layer for moist substrate (up to 5%)
If the substrate is moist it is mandatory a perforated bituminous membrane to be laid as a vapour control layer, in combination with vents. The membrane does not adhere to the substrate, but is simply laid on the surface. The perforations of the membrane allow partial adhesion of ISOMRAZ to the substrate and this allows vapours to circulate below and reach the vents. A layer of ISOMRAZ shall be applied in order to mount the membrane.
Performance of the waterproofing:
With a brush, apply over the whole surface “Polymer primer ISOMRAZ” (consumption about 300 gr/m2). Wait until the primer is fully dry, approx. 30 min. Apply layer of ISOMRAZ with a brush or roller and immediately place reinforcing glass-fiber net/polyester veil, stretch it and lay on ISOMRAZ again. After the first layer has dried completely apply an even layer of ISOMRAZ.
Total consumption: 3.0 kg/m² (depends on the site).
Over the obtained coating can be laid directly all kinds of tiles (using cement glues) or decking. When ISOMRAZ will be top coating, one or two additional layers must be applied, so that total consumption of 4.0 kg/m² is achieved. The final layer shall be applied using foam roller, as it gives homogeneous, shagreen appearance.
- Plastic buckets of 5 kg, 10 kg and 20 kg
- Euro-pallets: 24 pcs. x 20 kg; 36 pcs. x 10 kg; 60 pcs. x 5 kg
- Under tiles (indoors) – 2.0 kg/m²
- Under tiles (outdoors) – 3.0 kg/m²
- Terraces (as top coating) – 4.0 kg/m²
- Concrete protection (vertical) – 1.5 ÷ 2.0 kg/m²
- Wait for the full drying of each layer, before applying the next one.
- Must be stored indoors at temperature between +5°C and +30°C.
- Don not mix ISOMRAZ with other materials and fillers!
- Cleaning: ISOMRAZ can be cleaned with water before it dries. Afterwards it can be removed only mechanically.
- Depending on the moist of the substrate and the ambient temperature, you can add up to 5% water to obtain workable consistency for easy application.